Engine Room Resource Management Blended Course
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ OOW (Engine)
- Training School:
- Northeast Maritime Institute
- Fairhaven, Massachusetts, United States of America
- 1 day
The Engine Room Resource Management Course combines online materials, audio, videos, group exercises and case studies to understand resource management. Students will learn to apply resource management, leadership and teamworking skills for the operation of the engineering plant onboard a vessel.
Under USCG approval, the course satisfies:
- the Engine Resource Management training requirements of 46 CFR 11.325(a)(3)(i) and (b)(1); 46 CFR 11.327(a)(3)(i) and (b)( 1); 46 CFR 11.329(a)(4)(iv); 46 CFR 11.331(a)(3)( i) and (b)( 1); and 46 CFR 11.333(a)(3)(i) and (b)(1); AND
- the Leadership and Teamworking Skills of: 46 CFR 11.329(c)' AMD
- Specific tasks from NVIC 17-14 Officer in Charge of an Engineering Watch: 1.4.A,; 16.1.A; 16.2.A; 16.3.A; 16.4.A
***Per USCG requirements, upon completion of the online portion of this course, the user will be required to complete assessments and a final examination meeting minimum assessment requirements at Northeast Maritime Institute. The online completion receipt will provide further details.
The course covers the requirements of the STCW Code, as amended, Section A-III/2 Table AIII/2 and Section A-III/1 Table A-III/1 for both Function: Maintain a safe engineering watch: engine room resource management and Function: Leadership and Teamworking Skills at the Operational Leve