Northeast Maritime Institute
A leader in STCW maritime education and training, offering online courses and hands-on and online training to mariners and seafarers worldwide.
Northeast Maritime Institute is a private, co-educational maritime college that offers its students an opportunity to pursue maritime education and career-oriented maritime training through our degree program as well as through our professional maritime training and STCW training courses in our division of continuing education.
NMI's maritime education and training courses are approved under the International Convention on Standards of Training & Certification of Watchkeepers and Seafarers (STCW) and United States Coast Guard and Commonwealth of Dominica Maritime Administration approved training that provides required marine safety and security education, ship operation courses, US Coast Guard License and Document Courses, as well as programs for International students seeking an STCW Certificate of Competence.
Northeast Maritime Institute is a global leader in providing relevant and uncompromising maritime education, maritime training and maritime professional development programs. Professional mariners both domestic and from around the world come to Northeast Maritime Institute as their school of choice to receive the best possible maritime education and training, all while being treated with the dignity and respect that they deserve.
STCW Training Centers
Northeast Maritime Institute have their training center located in Fairhaven, Massachusetts, United States of America.
- STCW Basic Safety Training (New Entrants)
- STCW Basic Safety Training
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Basic Fire Fighting
- Basic Fire Fighting
- Basic and Advanced Firefighting
- Medical Care Provider
- Medical Care Provider PIC
- Life / Rescue Boat
- Proficiency in Survival Craft (Lifeboatman)
- Safety Management
- Leadership & Managerial Skills
- Deck, Bridge, Dynamic Positioning, Navigation
- Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS)
- Master 100 Tons
- Master 200 Tons
- Engine / Electrical
- Qualified Member of the Engineering Department (QMED)
- Additional STCW courses
- Able Seaman
- Automatic Radar Plotting Aids (ARPA)
- Bridge Resource Management
- Celestial Navigation
- Radar Observer Unlimited
- Radar Renewal
- Tankerman Barge
- Tankerman Ship