Medical Care Provider PIC
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Medical Care
- Training School:
- Northeast Maritime Institute
- Fairhaven, Massachusetts, United States of America
- 5 days
Medical Care Provider PIC is a 40 hour course to provide the participant with the knowledge and skills needed to meet the requirements of STCW 95 CH VI, Sect A-VI/4-2 Table A-VI/4-2. After successfully completing this program the participant will demonstrate competence to provide medical care to the sick and injured while they are on board and to participate in coordinated schemes for medical assistance to ships.
Topics are presented in greater detail with emphasis on decision making.
In order to be eligible for this program the participant must have completed a Provider level course within the previous 12 months.
- Basic Nursing Care
- Infectious and Tropical Diseases
- Dental Injuries
- ENT Care Childbirth and Women Health Issues
- Disease Prevention
- Wound Closure
- Basic Skills in IV and Injection of Medication
- First Aid/CPR
- Medical Care Provider