Proficiency in Medical Care on board Ships - STCW A-VI/4
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Medical Care
- Training School:
- Ħal Far Industrial Estate, Birżebbuġa, Malta
- 5 days
If you are undertaking your Chief Mates Certificate of Competence or you are going to be designated to take charge of Medical Care onboard Ship, you need to complete this course in accordance with Regulation V1/4 (4-6) of the annex STCW Convention.
The course will provide you with the essential knowledge and training in Medical Care onboard Ship, particularly focusing on:
- The ability to assess and provide care to an ill or injured person on board.
- Understanding how to participate in the co-ordinated provision of medical care.
- Having competence in carrying out basic medical procedures.
- Using Radio Medical Advice for the management of ill or injured people on board.
- Familiarisation with the equipment and medication available as per the M1768 Ships Medical Stores list.
This Course is approved & accredited by the Authority of Transport Malta - Europe's Largest Flag Registrar!
- Aged 16 years and over.
- A Proficiency in Medical First Aid On Board certificate
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 13 February 2024 ★5 places
★ Provisional dates