Yachtmaster Offshore Exam
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Superyacht courses
- Training School:
- Palma Sea School
- Palma, Spain
- 1 day
The Yachtmaster Offshore Exam covers skippers cruising on a yacht on any passage during which the yacht is no more than 150 miles from harbour.
The course/exam has a guide time of 8hrs+.
The exam will include an assessment of your skippering skills, boat handling, general seamanship, navigation, safety awareness and knowledge of the IRPCS, meteorology and signals.
**Please note, dates are for indicative purposes only. Courses arearranged on an individual requirement basis, so please contact us to arrange and book**
PLEASE NOTE - ALL PRICES ARE CONVERTED TO POUNDS STERLING (£) FROM EUROS BASED ON EXCHANGE RATE OF 0.86P/1 Euro. PRICES CHARGED MAY VARY DEPENDANT ON EXCHANGE RATE ON THE DAY OF BOOKING.
There are several prerequisites for this course:
- Age 17 and above
- Hold a VHF Radio Operators License or Short Range Certificate
- Hold a valid first aid certificate
- 50 days sea time,
- 2,500 miles including at least 5 passages over 60 miles, acting as skipper for at least two of these passages and including two which have involved overnight passages.
- 5 days experience as skipper. At least half this mileage and passages must be in tidal waters. All qualifying sea time must be within 10 years prior to the exam.
Palma Sea School
Palma Sea School, Avinguda de Gabriel Roca 15, 07014 Palma de Mallorca