Yachtmaster Offshore Exam
£298.79 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Superyacht courses
- Training School:
- Palma Sea School
- Palma, Spain
- 1 day
The Yachtmaster Offshore Exam covers skippers cruising on a yacht on any passage during which the yacht is no more than 150 miles from harbour.
The course/exam has a guide time of 8hrs+.
The exam will include an assessment of your skippering skills, boat handling, general seamanship, navigation, safety awareness and knowledge of the IRPCS, meteorology and signals.
**Please note, dates are for indicative purposes only. Courses arearranged on an individual requirement basis, so please contact us to arrange and book**
PLEASE NOTE - ALL PRICES ARE CONVERTED TO POUNDS STERLING (£) FROM EUROS BASED ON EXCHANGE RATE OF 0.86P/1 Euro. PRICES CHARGED MAY VARY DEPENDANT ON EXCHANGE RATE ON THE DAY OF BOOKING.
There are several prerequisites for this course:
- Age 17 and above
- Hold a VHF Radio Operators License or Short Range Certificate
- Hold a valid first aid certificate
- 50 days sea time,
- 2,500 miles including at least 5 passages over 60 miles, acting as skipper for at least two of these passages and including two which have involved overnight passages.
- 5 days experience as skipper. At least half this mileage and passages must be in tidal waters. All qualifying sea time must be within 10 years prior to the exam.