MCA STCW Approved Stability Course For Workboats and Powerboats Less Than 24 M
£270 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Work-boat Stability
- Training School:
- Stream Marine Training Ltd.
- Paisley, United Kingdom
- 1 day
The MCA Stability for Workboats, Pilot Boats and Small Commercial Vessels is a new 1-day course introduced by the MCA to comply with the requirement in the 2014 MCA Workboat.
Candidates for other MCA qualifications such as Master 200/OOW 500, Boatmaster, Tug Master and Yachtmaster Offshore would find this course useful to understand what can be a complex subject.
Course outcomes :
- General terms in use
- General Principles of Transverse Stability: -
- Adding, removing and shifting weights: -
- The Stability Booklet
- Stiff and tender vessels
- Use of cranes and shift of CoG
- Free Surface Effect
- Critical KG calculations (Transverse Stability)
- Inclining Test
- Deck edge Immersion
- Catamaran stability
- Risks associated with Tug and Tow
- Risks associated with deck cargoes
- Wind & Ice accretion Effects.
The above one-day course includes a short 45-minute written exam that tests the knowledge and understanding of the students. Pass mark: - Minimum 60
Over 16 Years Old
Must Hold Government Photo I.D