Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Designated Security Duties
- Training School:
- Get Onboard Superyacht Academy
- Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- 2 days
PDSD stands for Proficiency in Designated Security Duties. It is a qualification that comes with completion of this intensive course, and is often a qualification required of personnel and employees who have security duties listed as a component in their job description on board most ships.
The security courses brought in by the 2010 Manila Amendments to STCW which came into effect 1st July 2015 have meant a lot of people are having to sit either the Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA) or Proficiency in designated Security Duties (PDSD) to keep their qualifications current.
On acquiring an STCW certificate of proficiency in designated security duties, a seafarer will be able to:
• Maintain the conditions set out in the ship security plan;
• Recognise security risk and threats;
• Undertake regular security inspection; and
• Properly use security equipment and systems
Course Duration: 2 Days
Module One: Maintain conditions set out in a Ship Security Plan
Module Two: Recognition of Security Risk and Threats
Module Three: Undertake Regular Security Inspections of the ship
Module Four: Proper usage of Security equipment and Systems.
Get Onboard Superyacht Academy
32 Kloof Street