Get Onboard Superyacht Academy
Get Onboard Superyacht Academy South Africa has fast become the industry leader in the STCW course training in Cape Town, South Africa.
Our partner training facility is fully accredited by SAMSA and the MCA.
The STCW course is the most afforable in Cape Town. The course runs every week and takes 11 days to complete. The course is made up of 5 modules.
What are the STCW training modules:
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR) - This STCW training prepares you for the day-to-day emergencies that may occur, safe working practices and understanding of basic employment and working conditions on board the yacht or cruise ship.
- Elementary First Aid (EFA) - The competent learner will be able to perform the role of a first aider until advanced medical assistance arrives.
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST) - This STCW course module teaches you the essential principles of sea survival and safety including: donning of lifejackets, launching of life rafts, evacuation and use of search and rescue tools.
- Marine Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention - You will learn about fire prevention on board a yacht or ship and how to control firefighting operations onboard.
- Designated Security Duties - This learning opportunity is designed for the training of all Seafarers’ onboard ships to which the ISPS code applies must carry the DSD certificate. In addition to the onboard security training, this is mandatory for ship personnel responsible for ship security, new security trainings have been made compulsory for all personnel employed or engaged on board ships.
The course fee includes refreshments and lunch as well as all course material required.
In addtion to the STCW course, we can assist with all your stewardess, deck, chef and engineering qualifications.
Contact us to book your spot today.
STCW Training Centers
Get Onboard Superyacht Academy have their training center located in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.
Terms and Conditions
View the training school's Terms and Conditions.
Get Onboard Superyacht Academy reviews as published on Google:
The service was great and everything at first.. I wouldn't comment much because I ended up doing the course with other faculty..
Until I've noticed that I've paid much and they said they cannot refund me.. they promised to help me till this day.. I never got any feedback.
I would highly recommend doing the stewardess course through Get Onboard Superyacht Academy, it was an amazing course, I learnt so much from this course in such a short time and it was such a personal experience, I felt so comfortable and at ease during the course knowing that I could ask questions at any time and be answered in a personal way. Knowing that it’s coming from previous Chief Stewardess’s that know exactly what they doing and will help you with each questions and guide you step by step through the process to make sure you understand and know exactly what you doing and how to do it. I loved this course and I would highly recommend it to every girl out there that would like to become a stewardess and pursue their yachting dreams.
Would absolutely recommend going with Get Onboard.
So grateful to have had the opportunity to learn new skills in a beautiful and fun environment, as well as getting to meet Meg and Guine. The best chief stews out there, really appreciate them and the knowledge they've shared with us!
I had a great experience. They were very helpful and friendly!
Very professional, well run and all communication was quick and super helpful.
Had a great experience. Meg and Guine were so helpful. Learnt a lot about the industry. A fantastic and professional experience overall.
This course equipped me for everything I need to get onboard and so much more! Meg and Guine are both amazing mentors to have by your side and guide you. The teachings like the floral arrangements, table settings and cocktail making was extremely insightful and I now live by these teachings. Everyday was packed with wisdom and fun in harmonious measures. Thank you Meg and Guine
What an experience! I have learnt so much since joining Get Onboard. I have gained so much knowledge that I would not only use on the yachts, but also in my everyday life. Would definitely recommend joining Get Onboard if you want to be successful in the yachting industry!
Highly recommend!!! Best course with the best instructors. Learned so much and gained alot of knowledge and skills. Thank you for an amazing few days!!!
Very happy with the service and communication. Would most definitely recommend Meg and the Get onboard team for choosing a career in Super yachting. Loving the course and can't wait to start on this new adventure!
I enjoyed the course and liked the fact that the location for all the modules were run from the same facility.
A fantastic and professional experience! Meg was most helpful in selecting the correct courses required, organised all aspects of the programme and checked in throughout. Highly recommended!
Wow! What a great company! I wish Get onboard was around when I started yachting! It is literally everything you could ask for getting yourself set for the industry. It takes the guess work and mission out of figuring out what you need to get started in the wonderfulness that is yachting and makes sure you are set up and ready to succeed in this exciting career and adventure. You are in such great hands with Meg, she has got infinite knowledge about the yachting industry, is incredibly professional and has got great contacts in the yachting world! I have no doubts whatsoever ever that you will be 100% happy with your decision to use Get onboard yachts!
Packing up life and moving it across the world in search of a job in the super yacht industry can be quite daunting. Meg’s guidance, responsiveness, and connections helped point me in the right direction and made for a smooth transition. Highly recommend having Meg in your corner.
Amazing agency , that is your one stop shop for all your yachting needs . Meg is amazing and adds so much value to the business .
Very informative and great guidance in navigating how to go about the courses and where to begin as well as assisting with contacts in the Med before I went over for my trip.
- STCW Basic Safety Training (New Entrants)
- STCW 2010 Basic Safety Training
- STCW 2010 Basic Safety Training plus CSA
- STCW incl PDSD for SUPERYACHTS
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD)
- Superyachts - Deck
- MCA Yacht Rating Certificate
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- Superyachts - Engine
- Approved Engine Course AEC1
- Superyachts - Other courses
- Deckhand course
- Food Health & Safety
- PWC/Jet Ski
- Stewardess Training