- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Approved Engine Course
- Training School:
- Maritime Professional Training
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
- 5 days
This is a 5 day (30 Hour) course designed to give candidates the general fundamentals and knowledge about the general care and maintenance to keep engines on smaller vessels in good operational condition This course is also an excellent addition to any deckhand, mate or captains resume! Students come from all over the world for this course. It is open to everyone.
The course is approved by the UK’s Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA) is the first step into the engineering department of superyacht or small vessels.
The objective of this course is to provide the candidate with the knowledge to serve in an entry level capacity in the engineering department or for a crewmember primarily working in another department to assist with engineering functions. This course is not a diesel mechanics course however, it does include the tearing down/rebuilding of engines.
The AEC I course includes valuable classroom and laboratory training.
Classroom Training/Theory Subjects Include:
- Diesel engines
- Compression ignition engine (general principles)
- Cycle of operation and constructional details
- Fuel system
- Aspiration Methods: The role of air in the combustion process
- Cooling system
- Lubrication system
- Engine electrical systems
- Power transmission
- Hull fittings
- MARPOL Pollution legislation
- Code of Safe Working Practices
- Bottled LPG installations
- Fault finding and rectification
The MPT AEC 1 Course will therefore enhance your ability to perform the typical tasks needed onboard as an entry level engineering department crew member or as a member of the deck department assisting in the engineroom.
Laboratory/Workshop Subjects Include:
- The instructor will: Help students identify engine types, parts & systems
- The instructor will: Use shop models to explain various engineering systems
- Students will receive hands on training in our Laboratory and Workshop.
Maritime Professional Training
1915 South Andrews Avenue
United States of America