Dynamic Positioning Induction (Basic DP)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Dynamic Positioning Induction
- Training School:
- Maritime Professional Training
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
- 4 days
DP Induction / Basic
This course involves both theory and practice on a simulated DP system and covers the following topics:
- Principles of DP
- Elements of the DP System
- Practical Operation of the DP System
- Position Reference Systems
- Environment Sensors and Ancillary Equipment
- Power Generation and Supply and Propulsion
- DP Operations
On successful completion of the Induction/Basic course the prospective Dynamic Positioning Operator will be issued with a Nautical Institute’s Dynamic Positioning Operator’s logbook by MPT in which the courses, sea time and suitability as a DPO are recorded by the company.
The Nautical Institute has strict entry level requirements for the DP program. Please speak to a MPT counselor for additional information regarding minimum licensing requirments.
The Nautical Institute has strict entry level requirements for the DP program. Please speak to a MPT counselor for additional information regarding minimum licensing requirements.