Master on Yachts <500GT STCW Reg II/2 Transport Malta CoC
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Master (Yachts) - Less than 500GT/3,000GT
- Training School:
- Ħal Far Industrial Estate, Birżebbuġa, Malta
- Course Aim:
This course aims to give candidates the required training and knowledge as per the STCW, so as to be eligible to sit a TM Master (Yachts less than 500GT) Oral Examination.
On successful completion of the course and oral examination, Candidates will be able to work as a Master on Yachts less than 500GT -Unlimited Area, holding a Transport Malta Flag Authority issued Certificate of Competence.
Academic & Ancillary Study Units as required
Price & Duration:
This will depend on the amount of study units you need to cover. There are also the exam fees as set by Transport Malta - €200 per session.
February 2022 and November 2022 intakes are currently open
- Maritime Law
- Oral Exam Preparation - various sessions will be organised in class with Master Mariners and Pilots to best prepare you for this Oral Exam!
STCW Ancillary Certificates Courses as required, can be completed at MaritimeMT as part of the course, at an additional cost per course.
- As per required for OOW-Yachts
- RADAR/ARPA - Management
- Use of Leadership and Managerial Skills - Management
- Medical Care
Be 18 years or older
Hold a valid seafarers medical fitness certificate (IMO/ILO)
Sea Time Requirements:
12 months approved seagoing service while holding one of the below CoCs:
- OOW-Yachts <3000GT issued by Transport Malta
- OOW-Yachts <3000GT issued by MCA
- A valid STCW OOW CoC issued by an accepted administration
All seatime must be obtained on vessels of 24 metres in length or <80GT
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 13 November 2023 ★12 places
★ Provisional dates
Ħal Far Industrial Estate, Birżebbuġa