Master on Vessel <200GT 150Nm - WORKBOAT MODULE
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Master
- Training School:
- Ħal Far Industrial Estate, Birżebbuġa, Malta
- 5 days
The Workboat Module is intended for all those holding a Master of Yachts
On successful completion of the training and assessment trainees shall be able to:
- Have a thorough knowledge of relevant laws and regulations concerning workboats;
- Develop and maintain health & safety practices carried out onboard;
- Manage and use a Safety Management System and relevant checklists;
- Work basic initial stability calculations and ascertain a positive degree of stability throughout the passage, including weight loaded/discharged/shifted and the negative effect of free surface;
- Understand basic ship handling procedures and various workboat propulsion systems;
- Have a thorough knowledge in lifting, stowage and care of stores and equipment;
- Implement the requirements of the Code of Safe Working Practices; and
- Carry out loading and discharging of cargo operations including transfer of cargo to other vessels when alongside.
MaritimeMT will issue a completion certificate to trainees upon successful completion of the course and demonstration of competence, certifying that the holder has met the standard of competence.
Transport Malta shall issue an official certificate upon submitting a complete application form, including supporting documentation, and payment of the established fees as Master, certifying that the holder is licensed to skipper workboats less than 200 GT, carrying 12 passengers or less and with any other operational limitations.
Validity of certificate: 5 years followed by documentary evidence of having logged in the previous 5 years the necessary seagoing service required to be eligible for re-validation of the underlying Master certificate.
As a minimum the trainee must have successfully completed a course, which is approved by the Merchant Shipping Directorate of the Authority for Transport in Malta, leading to the issuance of a Master on yachts less than 200 GT certificate.
Ħal Far Industrial Estate, Birżebbuġa