STCW GMDSS ROC
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Additional STCW courses
- Training School:
- Ħal Far Industrial Estate, Birżebbuġa, Malta
- 6 days
To reach the minimum standards of competence as set by S.L 234.17.
Operate efficiently the GMDSS equipment required to be fitted when operating in sea area A1. Responsibility when for radio communications during distress, urgency, safety and routine.
Expected Learning outcomes
Knowledge, understanding and proficiency in:
- Statutory framework of the Maritime Mobile Service
- Identification of radio stations
- Service publications
- Technical Components
- GMDSS Components
- Other systems used on board
- Search & Rescue Operation (SAR)
- Miscellaneous skills and operational procedures for general communications
Upon a positive assessment result, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Completion which is a pre-requisite to apply for the Certificate of Competence from the Authority of Transport in Malta.
The Transport Malta Oral Exam for the GMDSS ROC Certificate of Competence will be held on the first available date closest to course completion at MaritimeMT. The fee payable to Transport Malta for sitting the GMDSS ROC exam is of €200.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a good conduct of English and basic computer knowledge