STCW Training Course for Instructors
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Additional STCW courses
- Training School:
- Ħal Far Industrial Estate, Birżebbuġa, Malta
- 5 days
Based on IMO Model Course: 6.09
Also referred to as 'Train the Trainer', the learning outcomes on completion of this course, the trainee should be able to:
- Understand and describe how STCW 2010 requires competence-based training
- Plan and effective teaching environment
- Use a range of Teaching methods effectively
- Using appropriate training aids
- Produce a relevant lesson plan
- Evaluate teaching and learning
- Design a course of study
Recommended entry requisites to this course is at the discretion of the Training Centre and the respective Authority.
However, learners would benefit most from this unit if they have completed Shipboard Operations – An Introduction or gained equivalent knowledge through on-board experience.
Trainees wishing to deliver training in the competence standards required by the STCW Convention and Code should already have the necessary technical knowledge and be qualified in the task for which training is to be conducted. The Trainees should be appropriately qualified in the technical aspects of their subject or some of the group of the trainees have had experience of training others and can appraise and/or demonstrate teaching skills.
Ħal Far Industrial Estate, Birżebbuġa