GMDSS Restricted Operator
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ GMDSS - Restricted Operator's Course
- Training School:
- Novikontas Maritime College
- Rīga, Latvia
- 5 days
The course complies with all requirements of the STCW Convention, as amended, Chapter IV/2, Section A-IV/2 of the SCTW Code, IMO Assembly Resolution A.703 (17) “Recommendation on training of radio operators related to the restricted operator’s certificate”, and paragraph 55 Chapter IIIA of the Radio Regulations as well as covers all subject areas recommended by IMO Model course 1.26 “Restricted operator's certificate for the global maritime distress and safety system”.
The GMDSS Restricted Operator’s training course covers the following topics:
- Principles of Maritime Radio communications;
- Principles & Basic Features of the Maritime Mobile Service;
- Global Maritime Distress & Safety System;
- Purpose & Use of VHF &MF/HF DSC Facilities;
- Terrestrial ship station equipment;
- Fault location;
- EPIRB Cospas-Sarsat;
- Distress Communication;
- False Alert;
- English Language.
- Distress Traffic.
• Certificate of Competence as officer in charge of a navigational watch and should present appropriate diploma/certificate according to STCW Convention, as amended, II/1; or
• Evidence that is in progress studying on the educational program of Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch; or
• Certificate of Competence as radio operator.