Safe Operation of High Voltage Power System
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ High Voltage (Management)
- Training School:
- Novikontas Maritime College
- Rīga, Latvia
- 5 days
This course provides an understanding of industrial high and low voltage power systems including safe operation on a wide range of power equipment. This prepares them for HV authorization in accordance with safety rules/regulations. It includes both classroom theory and practical exercises. This training course is primarily intended for marine electro and technical officers and electricians involved to operate and maintain high voltage marine equipment (STCW code A-III/1, A-III/2, A-III/6, B-III/2).
- High voltage theory, technologies and materials, requirements;
- High voltage plants design aspects;
- High voltage equipment specialties design, parameters, service systems for such equipment as applicable. Commutating and protection system and equipment design;
- Safe work practice regarding potential dangers of high voltage using, documentation, records, check lists, procedures, risk assessment;
- Inspection, checking and testing of high voltage equipment as applicable including proper usage of personal protective equipment, testing equipment;
- Maintenance and basic of repair. System and equipment performance monitoring, surveys and safe preparation for it;
- High voltage equipment and plant troubleshooting and dealing with them;
- Emergency running mode of high voltage installation and preparedness.