Proficiency In Security Awareness (PSA)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Security Awareness
- Training School:
- Flying Fish UK
- Cowes, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
All crew employed in any capacity onboard a ship or any other vessel that complies with the ISPS code must undertake approved security awareness training. Our half-day Proficiency in Security Awareness course provides the necessary knowledge and skills to crew intending to work on ships who do not have specific Designated Security Duties onboard.
The Proficiency in Security Awareness course is not part of the mandatory STCW Basic Safety Training course however, it can be booked as an additional element that runs in conjunction with our STCW course.
What is covered
- You will be able to contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness.
- Recognise security threats
- Understand the need for, and methods of maintaining security awareness and vigilance
On successful completion of the course, you will be issued with a certificate in accordance with:
- Regulation VI/6, Paragraph 1 and Section A-VI/6, paragraph 4
During the one day course, you will cover the following topics in order to complete Proficiency in Safety Awareness (PSA):
- Contributing to maritime security through heightened awareness.
- Recognition of security threats.
- Understanding the need for, and methods of maintaining security awareness and vigilance
For successful completion, 100% attendance is required and students are expected to actively participate in all elements of the course.
Flying Fish UK
124 High Street
Isle of Wight