Superyacht Steward/ess Course (Including STCW)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Superyacht courses
- Training School:
- Flying Fish UK
- Cowes, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
- 15 days
Our Superyacht Steward/ess course gives you everything you need to start looking for work as a Superyacht Steward or Stewardess. A great option if you are new to the industry and want to learn your role onboard.
Working as a Steward or Stewardess on a Superyacht is a job like no other. You will spend your days earning money working in the sunshine onboard an incredible yacht in some of the most amazing destinations in the world. The average salary for a Steward/ess just starting out in the industry is around €2,500 per month tax-free depending on your nationality and don’t forget about the tips coming from the rich and famous. Your accommodation and food onboard is paid for so you can potentially save loads whilst travelling the world!
Funding your new career
Would you like to pay for your course on Finance? A growing number of customers want the option to spread the course fees giving your wallet a bit of breathing space. If this is you then Flying Fish are now able to offer customers the option to spread payment over 12 months in the form of an interest-free finance agreement. Please contact us to find out more.
Superyacht Steward/ess Course
One of our most popular courses the Superyacht Steward/ess course provides the mandatory STCW Basic Safety training course as well as a whole host of skill and qualifications needed to begin your career on a Superyacht. The course prepares you for life onboard, we will teach you everything from Napkin folding to driving a Powerboat.
Preparing your CV
Having a perfect CV is one of the most important factors in landing that first job. We help you prepare, format and write your CV during, including getting that all-important photo! We run a session on working in the industry that covers everything from paying tax to what to pack. Flying Fish customers benefit from our exclusive recruitment day in Antibes, run by one of our team who has worked in the industry for over 15 years.
Where to stay
If you choose our accommodation option, the Flying Fish crew houses in Cowes are comfortable and centrally located. Just a 2-minute walk to the town and our training centre, this will take the stress out of finding your own accommodation. You will be able to mix and socialise with other people on the course who, like you, will be starting a career in the Superyacht industry.
Two weeks of self-catering accommodation costs £580.
Have you completed an ENG1 Medical?
All crew who want to work on a Superyacht are required to hold an ENG1 medical. We recommend you complete the ENG1 Medical before the start of your course, as it confirms you are fit to go to sea.
Why train with Flying Fish?
- Flying Fish limit student numbers to small groups. This means you have the opportunity for one-to-one time with our expert Instructors.
- Flying Fish are always happy to tailor your programme, elements can be added or removed.
- We provide shared self-catering accommodation in crew houses 5-minute’s from our training centre in Cowes.
- Flying Fish offers a free and exclusive Recruitment Event in Antibes. This event not only hooks you up with crew agents and helps you seek employment, we also give you knowledge on the local area and how to live there on a budget! Over a week’s worth of knowledge wrapped into one day!
No need to take our word for it, check out what our past students have to say about their time with Flying Fish! We are rated 5* on Google, from over 200 reviews!
- STCW Basic Safety Training
- Superyacht Interior Certificate
- CIEH Food Safety Level 2
- MCA Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD)RY
- A Powerboat Level 2
- RYA VHF Radio
- Barista training, wine appreciation and cocktail mixing courses
- Industry focused Customer service training
- Industry careers guidance and mentoring from our experts
- Realistic Steward/ess job interview training
- Superyacht Recruitment Event in Antibes
- Small student groups for a personal approach and one-to-one time
- Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
- You must be 18 years old or older to train with Flying Fish.
You must be 18 years old or older to train with Flying Fish.
The course is suitable for complete beginners or those with experience who are looking to work as a Steward or Stewardess on a Superyacht.
To work on a Superyacht you will need to complete an ENG1 Medical and we recommend you complete this prior to the start of your course, though this is not essential.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 10 April 2023
- 24 April 2023
- 08 May 2023
- 15 May 2023
- 05 June 2023
- 19 June 2023
- 03 July 2023
- 10 July 2023
- 04 September 2023
- 18 September 2023
- 09 October 2023
- 23 October 2023
- 06 November 2023
- 20 November 2023
- 04 December 2023
Flying Fish UK
124 High Street
Isle of Wight