STCW Personal Survival Techniques Training Course (PST)
£138 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Personal Survival Techniques
- Training School:
- MRS Training and Rescue
- Romsey, Southampton, United Kingdom
- 1 day
This MCA regulated personal survival techniques course conforms with MNTB guidelines and provides all seafarers, the education and training in personal survival techniques to meet the knowledge, understanding and proficiency (KUP) requirements as set out in the STCW Table A-VI/1-1. Covering competence required to survive at sea in event of ship abandonment.
It is one of five courses that together make up the STCW Basic Safety Training Course - an essential qualification for anyone wishing to work on commercial ships.
The Personal Survival Techniques course will be delivered from a purpose-built classroom to support STCW instruction and use a professional swimming pool complex for the practical exercises.
This course includes:
- Instruction on basic principles and procedures
- “Dry” demonstrations of raft and equipment
- Practical wet drill
- It covers the use of survival craft and associated equipment, together with the actions which should be taken by each person to overcome or minimise the immediate threats to life at each stage of a survival situation, i.e. prior to abandonment, at abandonment, and aboard survival craft.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Know the main types of maritime emergencies
- Know the survival equipment used during a maritime emergency
- Understand the principles of survival during a maritime emergency
- Know how to abandon ship during a maritime emergency
- Know how to be able to survive in the water during a maritime emergency
- Know how to use a survival craft during a maritime emergency
Delegates should be aware of the practical aspects of the training and the physically demanding nature of the exercises involving swimming. MRS must be advised prior to the course starting if the delegate is not a strong swimmer or is unable to swim.
Delegates must also provide government issued photo identification on their day of training. This is a mandatory requirement and failure to provide this will prevent the delegate taking the training until verification can be made.
Delegates must also complete the STCW Delegate Registration Form and STCW Pre Course Medical Questionnaire prior to the start of the course.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 24 October 2023
- 12 December 2023
- 13 February 2024
- 11 March 2024
- 09 April 2024