Updated Proficiency in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated Proficiency in Fire Prevention and Firefighting (Basic)
- Training School:
- Warsash Maritime School
- Warsash, Southampton, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Under the STCW 2010 requirements for training and certification, updated proficiency training will need to be undertaken in fire prevention and fire fighting every five years.
This is a practical one-day fire course involving use of hoses, nozzles and extinguishers, as well as breathing apparatus inside the fire unit, both in restricted visibility and hot fire conditions.
NOTE: Those undergoing fire fighting training are required to complete and sign a confidential medical declaration to make us aware of any health problems, disabilities or injuries that we may need to consider while you’re attending this physically demanding course. It is therefore essential you feel healthy and are physically fit to undertake such training.
To join the updating course, you must show documentary evidence of having completed the full course previously.
This can be a certificate as follows:
- Proficiency in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting, STCW A -VI/1-2
- MNTB 2 Day Fire Fighting Course (recognised equivalent pre 31 January 2000)
Where these cannot be produced, the following MCA certificates are acceptable:
- Navigational Watch Rating (NWR) regulation II/4,
- Engine Room Watch Rating (ERWR) regulation III/4,
- Able Seafarer Deck certification (AB) regulation II/5
- AB Certificate of Competency issued under the AB regulations 1970.