Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats)
- Training School:
- Warsash Maritime School
- Warsash, Southampton, United Kingdom
- 5 days
This course prepares crew for the launching and handling of survival craft through a series of practical exercises using a range of open and enclosed lifeboats and inflatable rescue boats to build confidence, competence and knowledge of safety procedures.
What you'll learn
Upon completion of the course, you should be able to demonstrate the capability to:
- take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch,
- operate a survival craft engine,
- manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship,
- use locating devices including communications, signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics, and
- apply first aid to survivors.
- You must have proof of at least six months' sea-going service.
- You must hold one of the following certificates:
- Approved Personal Survival Techniques
- Basic Sea Survival
- Royal Navy Sea Survival course
- Fisherman’s Safety Training course
Please note: OPITO/BOSIET/FOET is not an acceptable equivalent.