Proficiency in Medical First Aid
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Medical First Aid
- Training School:
- Warsash Maritime School
- Warsash, Southampton, United Kingdom
- 4 days
This highly practical four-day course is for seafarers designated to provide first aid on board ship and for those needing certificates of competency. The course will equip you with the knowledge to apply immediate first aid to an injured casualty and to a person suffering illness on board.
What you'll learn
During the course you'll cover theory and practical aspects of how to administer first aid, including:
- Basic life support
- Managing incidents
- Casualty monitoring
- Management of chest pain
- Management of shock, bleeding, burns and injuries
- Management of musculo-skeletal injuries, including sprains, dislocation and fractures
- Management of the effects of the environment, such as hypothermia and heatstroke
- Management of medical conditions
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Proficiency in Medical First Aid certificate.
This course also includes Automated External Defibrillation training - a separate certificate for this is issued to successful students.