Designated Person Ashore
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Designated Person Ashore
- Training School:
- Warsash Maritime School
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- 3 days
This course is for newly promoted deputy and current DPAs to meet requirements for continued professional development (CPD).
Other shore and sea staff requiring knowledge of the responsibilities, problems and potential liabilities involved with the DPA role will also benefit from this course. The course concludes with a management review exercise.
Subject areas covered include:
- ISM introduction
- The external view of the status of the ISM code
- Audit requirements and techniques
- DPA - requirements and responsibilities
- Human factors and ISM
- Issues for the DPA role holder
- Performance management and KPIs
- Reporting, analysis and actions
- Legal issues
- Risk assessment
- Management of change
- A qualification from a tertiary institution within a relevant field of management, engineering or physical science, or
- An STCW management-level qualification and seagoing experience as a ship's officer, or
- Other formal education combined with not less than three years' practical senior level experience in ship management operation.