Maritime Auditor / Lead Auditor
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Maritime Auditor / Lead Auditor
- Training School:
- Warsash Maritime School
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- 5 days
This course is aimed at practising and potential auditors of maritime management systems who address safety, pollution prevention and, where appropriate, service quality. The course is of practical benefit to safety professionals, ship owners and ship management professionals amongst others.
Before starting the course, you should ensure you have a basic understanding of the ISM Code and its application on board and ashore.
What you'll learn
The syllabus includes the following topics: evolution of the ISM Code, safety management principles and how they apply to safe ship operation, types and methods of audits and planning and preparing for audits.
On completion of training you should have the knowledge to:
- understand the origins, intent, legal framework and implications of the ISM Code,
- identify effective safety management systems,
- interpret and apply ISO 9000 series requirements to maritime safety and quality management systems,
- plan, perform and report audits of maritime safety and quality management systems effectively to lead auditor level,
- assess your own management systems against the requirements of the ISM code and the ISM 9000 series, and
- enable senior management to use audit findings to improve existing management systems.