MCA Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS)
£850 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ ECDIS
- Training School:
- City of Glasgow College
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- 5 days
This course is MCA approved and follows the IMO model course 1.27. It complies with generic course requirements and is also delivered as part of the NAEST operational certificate.
Minimum entry requirements
You'll hold a deck certificate of competency at the operational level, or take this course as part of a planned training program.
Additional selection requirements
Candidates are asked to bring proof of identity and sea time at the start of the course.
What you study
- SOLAS Convention and Timescale for Introduction.
- Chart Type and Construction.
- Hardware and Software Limitations.
- Approved and Non-approved Systems.
- Settings, Chart Layers, Safety Parameters.
- Readme Files.
- IHO Data Check.
- Position Fixing and Monitoring.
- Chart Planning and Checking.
- Real Time Simulation Exercises.
You'll have your own Transas ECDIS system, with full conning, radar and visual systems. Using practical group work sessions and multimedia, the functionality of an ECDIS system will be introduced to you.