Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Designated Security Duties
- Training School:
- Zephyr Yachting France
- online course
- 1 day
Online MCA Approved (STCW ISPS) Proficiency in Designated Security Duties for Superyacht Crew
Book online here:
This Designated Security Duties (PDSD) course is specifically designed for those Superyacht crew members, reporting to the Ship Security Officer, who will carry out designated security duties and responsibilities, functioning under the ISPS Code and encountering security-related incidents whilst at sea or berthed in port. The associated threats from armed robbers, intruders, specific threats from paparazzi, such as the invasion of privacy and harrassment are common-place in this industry. Whilst the threats associated with Maritime Piracy are not as common for Superyachts, this threat cannot and must not be discounted. Other threats may be more subtle in nature from intoxicated guests and owners, which require specific skill sets to deal with effectively.
Why chose this course:
• UK DfT Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) Approved
• Internationally Recognised under STCW ISPS
• Tailored Specifically for Superyacht Crew & Staff
• Fully Online Training Course and Official Assessments
• Cost & Time-Efficient Means of Delivery of Training
• Fast Turnaround on Official Course Certifications
• Comprehensive Course Notes Downloads
• Flexible Learning at Your Own Pace and Convenience
• Ability to Re-Visit Earlier Subjects on Courses
• Consistent Quality Method for the Delivery of Training
Course Learning Outcomes
Know why yacht security is important and knows the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved.
Know what constitutes security risk, threat and vulnerability to the yacht, its personnel and operations.
Understand the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems.
Know how to maintain the measures in a Ship Security Plan and related requirements.
Maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, considering their limitations.
The course lasts for approximately 8 hours depending on the learner’s abilities and reading speed. However, you can enter and exit this course as often as you require.