STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Personal Survival Techniques
- Training School:
- Flying Fish UK
- Cowes, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
- 1 day
This one-day course will give all seafarers the essential education and training in personal survival. This course forms part of the STCW Basic Safety Training course, mandatory for all seafarers working on commercial vessels.
The course is divided into two sections: The first half of the day is classroom-based learning the theory of survival and getting to know the different types of equipment onboard. The afternoon is spent in a swimming pool where we show you how to use a life raft and techniques to help survive at sea.
- Main types of maritime emergencies
- Survival equipment used during a maritime emergency
- Principals of survival during such emergencies
- How to abandon ship during an emergency
- How to be able to survive in the water
- How to use a survival craft during an emergency
Customers will be asked to complete a short assessment and successfully complete practical exercises to be issued with the STCW Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques certificate.
- Safety equipment, training and certification
The Sea Survival Course is physically demanding and requires a good level of fitness. We recommend that all customers complete an ENG1 medical or equivalent medical before enrolling on this course.
You don’t have to be able to swim to complete this course
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 31 March 2023
- 07 April 2023
- 14 April 2023
Flying Fish UK
124 High Street
Isle of Wight