STCW Ship Security Officer
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Ship Security Officer
- Training School:
- Ħal Far Industrial Estate, Birżebbuġa, Malta
- 2 days
The STCW Ship Security Officer training course addresses both accident prevention and accident investigation. It is designed to give a deep outlook of the security procedures implemented onboard ships and the ever growing awareness of security threats posed to the shipping industry that are dealt with in having adequately trained crew, including personnel directly involved with the day to day running of a ship in port. This is in compliance with the requirements of A-VI/5 of the STCW code.
Prerequisites - A minimum of 12 months of sea time
Class Limitations - The Class Size is limited to twelve persons.
Cost - Minimum number of 4 participants - €400/participant.
1-to-1 session - €800
NB. Above prices include 3 sessions, course notes and daily lunch. Water and coffee free flowing.
Trainers - The Ship Security Officer training course will be delivered by experienced lecturers at MMRTC.
Certification - MMRTC will issue Transport Malta approved Certificate on the merit of full attendance and written assessment.
The aims of the course are to ensure that the delegates will:
- Understand the duties of the Ship Security Officer (SSO)
- Have considered the legal framework for safety
- Understand the relationship between the ISM code, Safety Management onboard ship
- Have an overview of the ISM code
- Have considered the causes of accidents
- Understand the process and limitations of risk assessment
- Have considered the accident investigation process
- Understand the importance of appropriate interviewing technique
- Have considered factors influencing the effectiveness of safety committee meetings
This Course is approved & accredited by the Authority of Transport Malta - Europe's Largest Flag Registrar!
A minimum of 12 months of sea time
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 11 December 2023 6 places
- 24 January 2024 6 places