STCW Certificate of Proficiency in Crisis Management & Human Behaviour including Passenger & Cargo Safety, and Hull Integrity
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Crisis Management and Human Behaviour on Passenger Ships
- Training School:
- Ħal Far Industrial Estate, Birżebbuġa, Malta
- 1 day
The STCW Certificate of Proficiency in Crisis Management & Human Behaviour including Passenger & Cargo Safety, and Hull Integrity course, covers the minimum standard of competence for Masters, Chief Mates, Chief Engineers, Second Engineers and other persons assigned immediate responsibilities for embarking and disembarking passengers, for loading, discharging or securing cargo, or for closing hull openings and any other person having responsibility for the safety of passengers in emergency situations on Ro-Ro passenger ships.
The standards of competence that have to be met by seafarers are defined in Part A of the STCW Code in the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers Convention, as subsequently amended. This course has been written to cover the competences in STCW It sets out the education and training to achieve those standards set out in Chapter V Section A-V/2 pa.3 and pa. 4 - 2 certificates in 1!
A trainee successfully completing the training will be able to:
- Organise the safe movement of vehicles and passengers when embarking and disembarking.
- Control all elements of cargo safety and hull integrity.
- Monitor and control atmosphere in Ro-Ro cargo spaces.
- Organise shipboard emergency procedures.
- Optimize use of resources.
- Control response to emergencies.
- Control passengers and other personnel during emergency situations.
- Establish and maintain effective communications.
- Course Structure
Knowledge, understanding and proficiency of:
- Loading and Embarkation Procedures
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods
- Securing Cargoes
- Stability, Trim and Stress Calculations
- Opening, Closing and Securing Hull Openings
- Ro-Ro Deck Atmosphere
- Ship design, Layout, Emergency Plans, Procedures and Drills
- Optimisation of Resources
- Control Response to Emergencies
- Human Behaviour and Responses
- Establish and Maintain Effective Communications
- Class Limitation
The class size is limited to 12 persons
NB. If the course is taken as a standalone, delivery is over 2 days at a cost of €300. It can also be done on a 1-to-1 basis for the cost of €350.