STCW Ship Security Awareness
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Security Awareness
- Training School:
- Ħal Far Industrial Estate, Birżebbuġa, Malta
The STCW Ship Security Awareness training course is aimed at mariners who do not have a designated security duty. The training provides participants with the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan (SSP), to enhance ship security in accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, the ISPS Code, and section A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code, as amended.
Prerequisites - No prerequisites required.
Class Limitations - The Class Size is limited to 12 persons.
Trainers - The STCW Ship Security Awareness training course is delivered by experienced lecturers at MMRTC.
Certification - MMRTC will issue Transport Malta approved Certificates on the merit of full attendance.
- Introduction to Maritime Security
- Maritime Security Policy
- Security Responsibilities
- Threat Identification, Recognition & Response
- Ship Security Actions
- Emergency Preparedness, Drills & Exercises