Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
£228 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Designated Security Duties
- Training School:
- Sea Air And Land Training (SALT) Services Ltd.
- Edinburgh, Lothian, United Kingdom
- 1 day
This course gives those undertaking designated security duties the essential education and training to meet the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements. These are covered under Chapter XI-2 of the annex to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) 1974, as amended, and the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
- Know why ship security is important and know the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved.
- Know what constitutes security risk, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations.
- Know the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems.
- Know how to maintain the measures in a ship security plan and related requirements.
- Be able to maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, taking into account their limitations.
CALL US ON 0131 510 0321 FOR MORE INFORMATION. SALT plan to run this course in the future but as at 03/05/19 do not have current MCA approval to do so.