Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats (A-VI/2-2)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Fast Rescue Boats
- Training School:
- Novikontas Maritime College
- Rīga, Latvia
- 2 days
The course is complies all requirements of the STCW Convention Chapter VI, Sections A-VI/2 and Table A-VI/2-2 of the SCTW Code, as well as covers all subject areas recommended by IMO Model course 1.24 “Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats”.
The course is certified by Latvian Maritime Administration.
The Training course covers the following topics:
- Introduction and safety
- Construction and outfit of fast rescue boats (FRB) and individual items of their equipment
- Particular characteristics and facilities of FRB
- Navigational and safety equipment available in a FRB
- Safety precautions during launch and recovery of a FRB
- How to handle a FRB in prevailing and adverse weather and sea conditions
- Procedures for righting a capsized FRB
- Search patterns and environmental factors affecting their execution
- Assessment of the readiness of FRB and related equipment for immediate use
- Maintenance, emergency repairs, normal inflation and deflation of buoyancy compartments of inflated FRB
- Method of starting and operating a FRB engine and its accessories
To be assigned on Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats training course, participant should be at least 18 years old, have a sea-going service of at least 6 months, and present “Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue” Certificate and national passport.