STCW Personal Survival Techniques (PST) and Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF) Updating Training
£393.60 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Seahaven Maritime Academy
- Newhaven, East Sussex, United Kingdom
- 2 days
As of 1st January 2017, it will be mandatory for all persons working on a commercial vessel, to provide documentary proof of having undertaken or updated certain STCW courses within the previous five years, including Personal Survival Techniques (PST) and Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF) training.
For those persons who have already completed the full STCW PST & FPFF previously, the Updating Training course may be used to fulfil the above requirements in lieu of repeating the full course again, subject to the entry pre-requisites below.
This package follows MCA approved programmes of study, designed to refresh your knowledge of sea survival techniques and fire prevention and fire fighting techniques.
Enhanced Refresher Package:
According to STCW regulations, the STCW Elementary First Aid certificate does not need to be updated. However, many shipping companies will not accept certificates more than 5 years old. An increasing number insist that the course is re-taken on a regular basis, sometimes as often as every 2 years!
If you book a Refresher Package with us, we offer you the chance to update your First Aid qualification for an additional £60.00. And you are invited to join in on the full Fire Fighting course, at no extra charge! So 4 days training for £470.00 (inc VAT)! This represents superb value for money.
- Donning and using an immersion suit
- Swim while wearing a life jacket
- Boarding a survival craft from the water
- Righting an inverted life raft
- Jump from a height into the water
- Keep afloat without a life jacket
- Minimise risk of fire on board
- Refresh skills in procedure, personal safety requirements and re-familiarise in ship board equipment
- Refresh skills to fight and extinguish fires
To undertake these Refresher Training courses you must have already completed the full STCW PST & FPFF courses and produce the certificates.
For the PST Refresher, you must also be able to -
1. Complete the self-declaration form as found in Annex E(i) of the STCW code, (downloadable from our website) as proof of having participated in onboard drills and training and
2. You must provide proof of sea service within the past 5 years e.g. Testimonials or a Discharge Book.
If you cannot comply with these requirements, we will enrol you on to the full PST.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 30 March 2023
- 06 April 2023
- 13 April 2023
- 27 April 2023
- 04 May 2023
- 11 May 2023
- 25 May 2023
- 01 June 2023
- 08 June 2023
- 29 June 2023
- 06 July 2023
- 20 July 2023
- 27 July 2023
Seahaven Maritime Academy