Certificate of Basic Training for Service on Ships Using Fuels Covered Within the IGF Code
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Tanker (Oil, LNG, LPG)
- Training School:
- Warsash Maritime School
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- 2 days
This two-day course is for those responsible for designated safety duties associated with the care, use, or emergency response to the fuel on board ships subject to the IGF code, and to gain the necessary knowledge, understanding and proficiency to carry out safe and effective operation of ships powered by fuels covered within the IGF Code.
What you'll learn
The course includes the following modules:
- Contribute to the safe operation of a ship subject to the IGF Code
- Ensure operations on these types of ships are carried out in accordance with accepted principles and procedures.
- Take precautions to prevent hazards on a ship subject to the IGF Code
- Correctly identify relevant hazards to the ship and personnel and take appropriate action.
- Apply occupational health and safety precautions and procedures and measures
- Ensure procedures and safe working practices are observed at all times, and the appropriate safety and protective equipment is correctly used.
- Carry out fire fighting operations on a ship subject to the IGF Code
- Ensure initial action, follow-up, clothing, equipment, timing and sequence are applied appropriately to extinguish any fires.
- Respond to emergencies
- Identify the type and impact of the emergency and ensure the response actions conform to the emergency procedures and contingency plans.
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the environment from the release of fuels found on ships subject to the IGF Code
- Ensure environmental safeguard procedures are observed at all times